Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Questions Galore!

I have previously mentioned Mr. Pregunto on this blog, as a person who asks interesting questions. A recent post (question) of his and the attendant discussion has prompted me to highlight this post now:

Is it possible to renounce some undesired aspect of your identity? Have you ever tried?

On the face of it, there didn't seem much to it, but on opening the comments, I could see that the question was much deeper than what I had assumed it to be. I hope you find it interesting. His profile About me makes for interesting reading too.

6 comments:

30in2005 said...

You are finding us gems of blogs to read....soon you shall be an authority!!!

The Visitor said...

Thankyou 30in2005 - your feedback is what drives me :)

D said...

Hi D here,
I agree with the visitor. On the outset it didn't seem like much. Bit of a can of worms, this one. It really got me thinking on a train of thought that is way to long for blog commenting.

: )

Hip Grandma said...

you're doing me a great favor by referring to good blogs to read.thanks

Mosilager said...

i sort of just drift in and out of different aspects of identity, never voluntarily tried to renounce any of it. thanks! that was a good link.

The Visitor said...

@D - yes, the complexity of the question seems to grow as we address different aspects of it.

@G'ma - if my pointers/links have been useful then I feel my job is done :) Thanks for your feedback.

@mosilager - probably all of us do move into different identities, maybe we just dont notice.

@MP - its my pleasure :)