Thursday, September 21, 2006

Language Localization

Raman in a recent post of his has raised the issue of Localization - how much to do. He briefly describes the issue and his own stand on it.
Language Localization, according to my perception, is the conversion of english user interfaces (of software) to the respective local language interfaces.

This is kind of semi-technical stuff, and may not directly interest many of us. But as denizens of the Internet world, I feel that all of us have a stake in voicing our opinions, so that the research community may know the general feeling about this. Of course to claim that readers of this blog would be representative of the public at large, would be presumptuous on my part :) I am sure that other experts (both language and software) would be also giving their inputs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came to your blog through Raman's post. Think your visitor persona is really cool.

The Visitor said...

@sumitra - That's a nice compliment - particularly when I was wondering whether I should shed my anonymous (mostly) visitor persona. Thankyou!:)

RKVS Raman said...

Hi Visitor,

I wonder who you are?

Sometimes the way you address me, I feel you are somebody very close always havin an eye on me. Sometimes you act so alien.

Honestly you are somebody I wud like to know in real and I am sure even that personality would be equally interesting. And you wud be suprised how many folks in the world are eager to know you.

Take care Sweetheart.

The Visitor said...

LOL@Raman